Don’t do a disservice to your brand and business + Free video.
One of these five mistakes could be the difference between having a social media marketing strategy that does a disservice to your business and one that legitimately earns a return on your investments.
Strong strategies will get your wine services and products in front of the right people. They will have the world talking about your brand and help nurture your business success, whereas thoughtless marketing can do the complete opposite. Your team could be making one (or more) of these errors without realizing it. Here’s how to pinpoint common mistakes and correct them for improved results.
- You are focusing on quality over quantity. Yep, read that again. Are you or your team spending too much time making things look pretty and not enough time getting something out there? Ultimately, your audience will decide what is good or not, not the personal preferences of your team.
- You are trying to be on all the platforms instead of going deep on one. Have you, honestly, tried going deep on your Instagram strategy? Are you spending quality time connecting intentionally on LinkedIn? Stop cross-posting content onto every platform and start curating intentional content that speaks the language and culture of just one.
- You are not using email marketing. An email subscriber is a future customer who needs further nurturing. Your email address is the only actual marketing property you own, and the majority of sales happen in this channel. Use email marketing and employ a solid strategy with a commitment.
- You are overlooking new platforms like TikTok. Can you still have success on older platforms like Instagram? Absolutely, but with a lot more work involved. If I told you that you could double your efforts in half (or a tenth) of the time, would you finally take the plunge? You won’t regret it. I promise.
- You are not treating Social Media as a full-time job. Those who are taking it seriously are seeing the results. Full stop. Some businesses have a team, some a single employee, but do not have your tasting room manager juggling two important company positions. Then you’ll be sacrificing not one arm but both.
You will constantly be pivoting and changing with your marketing efforts; however, staying in a mistake for too long can cost your business a significant loss in revenue, slow your growth, and hinder your success. Fortunately, there is always time to turn things around, and if the efforts are not generating the results you want, take some time to reflect on where the gaps might be, starting with these five mistakes above.
Learn Chloe’s social media and digital marketing strategies for free in the Crush @ Social Facebook Group.
Chloe Cristallini is the founder of Crush @ Social. Chloe and her team specialize in providing Social Media Management, Strategy & Consulting to wineries worldwide.
Join the free Facebook group to stay up to date with the latest social strategies for the wine industry.
It's almost 2022 — get a look that lives up to the new year!
Discover Lifestyle Images that evoke New Years Eve, shiny people, game nights, and bubbly gatherings.